The LA Galaxy have a date to focus on now that a match day has been set for their SCCL matchup with Santos Laguna.
Carson, CA – The LA Galaxy learned the date and time of their matchup with Liga MX’s Santos Laguna (@ClubSantos) in the quarterfinals of the Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League (SCCL) today.
The two teams will face-off in a two leg, home-and-home, event that will see the Galaxy host Santos on Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 7PM at StubHub Center. The second leg is scheduled for Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 7PM and will see the LA Galaxy travel to Estadio Corona Torreon, a nearly 30,000 fan stadium, in Mexico.
- LA Galaxy vs Santos Laguna 1st Leg – Wednesday 2.24.2016 at 7PM (StubHub Center, Carson, CA)
- Santos Laguna vs LA Galaxy 2nd Leg – Tuesday 3.1.2016 at 7PM (Estadio Corona, Torreon, Mexico)
The LA Galaxy finished fifth overall after the group stage and will be facing a fourth ranked Santos Laguna. Laguna finished the group stage with 9 points and a +9 goal differential. While LA finished with 8 points and a +9 goal differential.
.@CONCACAF announced the #LAGalaxy’s 2016 @TheChampions schedule: https://t.co/IojCpBZRnO #SCCL pic.twitter.com/yNQDHoBHvY
— LA Galaxy (@LAGalaxy) December 3, 2015
This is the LA Galaxy’s fourth trip to the CONCACAF Champions League . They’ve amassed a US best, most wins (15), and most goals (52), while recording a 15-8-5 record all-time in this competition. However with a 1-3-3 record in their last seven SCCL matches the focus clearly lies on the first match of this series at home.
If the LA Galaxy advance past Santos Laguna to make it to the Semifinals they would play the winner of Club América vs Seattle Sounders.
- Club América (MEX) – 10 points, +7 GD
- DC United (USA) – 10 points, +6 GD
- Real Salt Lake (USA) – 10 points, +3 GD
- Santos Laguna (MEX) – 9 points, +9 GD
- LA Galaxy (USA) – 9 points, +9 GD
- Tigres (MEX) – 8 points, +2 GD
- Queretaro (MEX) – 7 points, +9 GD
- Seattle Sounders (USA) – 7 points, +3 GD